Yeah, it's early. Posting this gives me a chance to get other people to put theirs up so I can get started!1) A picture of me that I like -- this will require someone with a lot of patience,
- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use—or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it's your call.
I'd like to add: if you're reading this, and decide to play, please comment below so there's a better chance I (and maybe a few others) will see your wishes!
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Email address as specified above: FifthHouse at gmail dot com
a sense of humor, and a decent camera, because there have been exactly two pictures
of me in 45+ years that I can look at without feeling ill.
*Still don't have that one.
2) A Dolphin II (a specific sort of massage chair) :D (NOT bloody likely, they're over $500!)
3) Things you make -- I love trying other people's takes on things. If the stuff you make is expensive, shoot me a link to pics!
4) amazon wishlist.
or, heck, pack up a bunch of books you don't want and send 'em on!
5) Scrapbooky-type tags and stickers or herbal-looking stamps/stickers/papers (Lavender plants, Basil leaves, etc)
6) Notebooks, blank books, mini-Moleskines, handmade papers
7) Beads and / or bead supplies -- old necklaces / earrings etc from thrift shops that I can take apart and use for parts are the BOMB!
(This includes one cool bead leftover from a package of 5, a busted earring, whatever you don't feel like using but don't want to throw out. Beadwise, that is -- no livestock like children or husbands!)
8) So many of my friends are having health/job problems -- please remember them in your devotions if you are so inclined.
9) This is for everyone, b/c that's who will be affected by it: Remember Wheaton's Law and keep it Wholly.
10) Two things I'd like year-round -- sales from my ETSY shop and clients on my table!