- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use—or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free—do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf—to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not — it's your call.
I'd like to add: if you're reading this, and decide to play, please comment below so there's a better chance I (and maybe a few others) will see your wishes!
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
Email address as specified above: FifthHouse at gmail dot com
1) A picture of me that I like -- this will require someone with a lot of patience,
a sense of humor, and a decent camera, because there have been exactly two pictures
of me in 45+ years that I can look at without feeling ill.
2) A Dolphin II (a specific sort of massage chair) :D (NOT bloody likely, they're over $500!)
3) If you know of somewhere in the Springfield, MO area that is looking for a massage therapist/bodyworker, give them my number. It would almost have to be NOT in a salon, due to health issues, but a chiro's office or spa would be great. I'm not looking to be *hired*, rather to rent space as a contractor, though if they WANT to hire me, I'll certainly consider it!
4) amazon wishlist.
or, heck, pack up a bunch of books you don't want and send 'em on!
5) Ideas / recipes for flavor combinations for lip balms
6) Notebooks, blank books, mini-Moleskines
7) So many of my friends are having health/job problems -- please remember them in your devotions if you are so inclined.
Hmm, that brings it to 7. Do I HAVE to have 10?
Most of what I want this year is stuff that only I can do for myself -- like motivation to get UP and get moving and exercise, get UP and do the housework that I know needs doing, stuff like that. *sigh*